We all know about fiber. But are you eating enough or even eating them at all ?
According to US food and drug administration we are supposed to consume between 20-30 grams of fiber a day. Most people do not even get close to that.
But why fiber?
- Eating fiber reduces chances of getting stroke
- It can help remove yeast and fungus hence preventing chances of having acne or skin rush.
- Consumption of fiber helps to reduce inflammation of the intestine.
- Fiber helps to slow body’s breakdown of carbs and sugar adsorption controlling blood sugar levels.
- High fiber food reduce risk of gallstones
- You want to lose weight? Eat fibrous food. They keep you full for a longer period of time and you will not have problems with bowl movement. There are tons of reasons to eat fiber. So ask yourself. How much fiber did you consume today?